Tuesday, November 4, 2008

knit circular watch cap

I wanted to set out some basic knitting instructions as a refresher so here it is. When I have spent hours working on knitting a sweater, I want to make sure it looks as good after a dozen washes as it did the day I was knitting it.

In weft knitting, the entire fabric may be produced from a single yarn, by adding stitches to each wale in turn, moving across the fabric as in a raster scan. The Purl stitch will also be in any knitting instructions. I drain the water, squashing the sweater into the bowl to get rid of the water.

I hope you could follow my basic knitting instructions. The upper red course is purled into the row below and then is knit, consistent with garter stitch. The local yarn store will often provide assistance if you are having trouble with your pattern, regardless of whether you purchased your knitting supplies from them or a competitor.

So, if you want to slow down, and find meaning in your life again, try knitting. For more knit patterns be sure to click around this site!

knit beret patterns the easy way.

No comments: